Mr. Sweeney joined the firm in 2006 and concentrates in banking law, bankruptcy, commercial litigation, commercial and residential financing, corporate law, EDA and SBA financing, state and federal court litigation and transportation law. He has been practicing over 35 years and has served as a qualified mediator.
Mr. Sweeney is a member of many professional organizations, including the American Bar Association, the New Jersey Bar Association, and the Passaic County Bar Association. He has also served as a Barrister/Master for the Justice Robert L. Clifford Inns of Court. He has also served four-year terms on the District XI Ethics Committee and the District XI Fee Arbitration Committee, having been appointed to those Committees by the New Jersey Supreme Court. For over the past 15 years, Mr. Sweeney has served on the Board of Managers for the Memorial Day Nursery School in Paterson, New Jersey.
Mr. Sweeney received his Juris Doctorate from Rutgers University School of Law and a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics and Economics from SUNY Stony Brook. He is admitted to practice in New York, New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for both the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States Supreme Court and the United States Tax Court.
- Banking Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial and Residential Financing
- Corporate Law
- EDA and SBA Financing
- State and Federal Court Litigation
- Transportation Law
- SUNY Stony Brook, B.A.
- Rutgers University School of Law, J.D.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- United States Supreme Court
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Passaic County Bar Association
- Barrister/Master, Justice Robert L. Clifford Inns of Court
- Board of Directors, the Memorial Day Nursery
- Board of Directors, Alexander Hamilton Academy Foundation
- Committee, District XI Ethics
- Committee, District XI Fee Arbitration